About Al's Auto, Inc.
storage yard, over 2,000 parts cars on racks.
office and rebuildables lot, over 200 rebuildable
vehicles in stock.
- Al's Auto is a family owned and operated business
established in 1948.
- We offer
used, new and rebuilt parts, we sell and install
engines, transmissions and rear ends and we sell
- Our facilities are located on 20 acres in Trevose, PA a
suburb of Philadelphia.
- We employ over 135 people.
- We use our computer system to catalog and track over
- We process approximately 6,500 vehicles per year.
- We are a proud members of PARTS (Pennsylvania Automotive
Recycling Trade Society) and ARA (Automotive Recyclers
- We have been certified by the ARA (Automotive Recyclers
Association) through their CAR (Certified Automotive
Recyclers) program. The ARA Gold Seal program, available
only to those ARA members who have completed CAR
certification, ensures excellence in customer satisfaction
through improved customer service, quality parts with
accurate descriptions, reliable on-time deliveries and
written product warranties. Established by ARA with an
endorsement from the Automotive Service Association (ASA),
the program allows recyclers to join forces to take a
proactive stance to improve quality and increase customer
- Our rebuildables department is a member of
the Pennsylvania Independent Dealers Association (PIADA).
The following are some available facts about the North
American automotive recycling industry:
- In 2006, the gross annual revenues are an estimated $25
- In 1997, auto recyclers acquired 4.7 million vehicles
for the purpose of recycling.*
- Recycling vehicles provides enough steel to produce
almost 13 million new vehicles.*
- An estimated 11 million gallons of oil and, 6 million
tires were recycled in 1997.*
- Automotive recyclers spent nearly $50 million on
environmental compliance in 1997.*
- The majority of automotive recycling businesses used a
computerized inventory system.*
- Automotive recyclers provide wholesale and retail
customers quality parts that sell for up to 50% less than
the comparable new parts.
- Automotive recycling businesses employ some 103,108
people at more than 8,267 businesses in the United States.*
- An estimated 86% of automotive recycling companies is
full-service and employs 10 or fewer people.*
- The majority of automotive recyclers can often locate
parts faster than new part dealers because the facilities
are connected by telephone, satellite and/or computerized
communications systems to recyclers across the globe.*
- Automotive recycling decreases insurance rates by
purchasing inoperative vehicles from insurance companies,
thus allowing for recovery of financial losses. These
vehicles came primarily from individual owners and salvage
- Automotive recycling keeps highways and roads clear of
abandoned and disabled vehicles by providing a place to
deposit these vehicles.
*Most recent ARA statistical data regarding the automotive
recycling industry. Data compiled from a 1997 survey by the
private consulting firm, Axiom Research Company and Automotive
Recycling: Your Cars Afterlife (2-13-2006).